We exist to reveal the glory of God through
our Worship of Him, our Work of service to one another, and our Witness to the world.
It shall be the responsibility of the senior pastor and the chairman of the board of elders to review this statement
on an annual basis and to suggest any refinements to the board of elders.
PBC commits its pulpit, its leadership, its people, its programs, and its resources to Word-centered teaching for equipping the saints for the work of ministry in love and excellence, to the building up and maturing of the Body of Christ into the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:12-16).
- Word-centered Teaching: emphasis on expository preaching in the pulpit in conjunction with a Word-centered emphasis in all of our ministries: music, classes, small groups, discipleship, and counseling.
- Equipping: by those in leadership, formal and otherwise, in teaching, and discipleship of the saints.
- Work of Ministry: the work is meant to be by the saints at PBC in the areas of teaching, discipleship, evangelism, missions, and service.
- Building Up and Maturing: prayer, fellowship, discipleship, counseling, and care for one another in love.
- Body of Christ: in its universal extent, this clearly includes only true believers; in its local manifestation, we pray that all true believers who are part of the fellowship at PBC would develop into the full character of Jesus Christ by the grace of God.